Dmesg indicates it is a Dell PowerEdge 2900 III with board model of 0NX642 with 24GB DDR2 RAM clocked at 667MHz.
It has 2 4-core X X5404 @ 2.00GHz and up to 8 hot-swap SCZI(SAS?) hard drives, with an additional 2 SATA ports. The drives are configured with 8 2TB drives and 2 120GB drives. The 8 identical drives are mounted in a ZFS-raidz2 array. The remaining 2 SSDs are configured with raid 1 and have a single root partition.
The ZFS pool has a total capacity of 14.5T, of which 5.15T are allocated (as of Jan 2019).
It resides in the ECE Server Closet in Whittemore.
The following datasets are configured:
- /cistern/backups - Important backups
- /cistern/nfs/docker/data - Persistent docker data volumes
- /cistern/nfs/files - https://vtluug.org/files
- /cistern/nfs/home - User homedirs for IPA users, available over NFS to VTLUUG hosts
- /cistern/nfs/libvirt - Storage for libvirt hosts
- /cistern/nfs/scratch - Temporary unimportant storage
- /cistern/nfs/share - Permanent user storage
- /cistern/share/srv - Webserver dir for Sczi, but not used since we've migrated everything to docker