The Linux and Unix Users Group at Virginia Tech Wiki is a free reference. Its purpose is to document how to make the most of Virginia Tech and other resources by utilizing *nix operating systems. Many articles on this site are templates from the VTLUUG-pioneered Uniluug project, in hopes of fostering greater collaboration between university Linux and Unix user groups.
Note: LDAP is not very well supported in MW 1.30 and dex doesn't support MW's OpenIDConnect Extension yet so for the time being you must login with a Google Account. UPDATE: the Dex PR got merged!!!
Please read Contributing.
- Our next meeting will happen on 2019-03-07 and will be a regular social meeting. We will be giving news, interesting software, and some possible events like a LAN Party or Movie Night. In addition, there is room for lightning talks for anyone wanting to give 5-15 minute presentations on their favourite topic.
Last updated 2019-03-07.
Browse Wiki by Category
This is a list of the various infrastructure/funding/etc projects that need to be done. Priority should range between 0 and 10 (inclusive), where higher is more imporant. Also check out dead projects and finished projects.
|10||Infrastructure||Infrastructure Maintenance||echarlie, pew, current sysadmin???||Ongoing|
|2||Funding||Get SEC/SBB funding||An officer needs to attend SBB orientation, after that, $current_treasurer needs to know what exactly is needed, as we can only request funding for specific items and not general club money.|
|4||T-shirts||Decide on a t-shirt design, do a group order||marcusw||Need new candidate designs|
|5||Wiki expansion||Update existing content, import content into Gobblerpedia||echarlie, $current_secretary||Evaluating current state of pages|
|6||Club automation||Configuration management, etc||$sysadmin||Need automation stuff setup to enable rapid re-deployment of infrastructure|
|7||Inventory||Go through the offline equipment stored with marcusw and update information on Inventory||echarlie||Done???|
|9||Develop Backup Solution||Needs to be proposed and then agreed to by officers||pew||None|
About this wiki
This wiki was intended to support *nix usage on campus. Here are suggested items for this wiki:
- Anything related to Linux usage, such as tutorials and other documentation, especially related to that at VT
- Anything related to VTLUUG (meeting minutes, infrastructure, projects, history, etc)
- Technical projects that VTLUUG members (individually or collectively) have done
- General geekery that doesn't fit anywhere else, related to interests of one or more VTLUUG members (e.g. audio gear, coffee, amateur radio, etc.)
- Opinionated content that may not reflect the interests of the entire Virginia Tech or Blacksburg community
Some items are more suited for Gobblerpedia, our sister wiki. These include:
- General content about Blacksburg or Virginia Tech that is non-technical in nature. Please categorize these with Move to Gobblerpedia so we can later migrate them in bulk.