The Linux and Unix Users Group at Virginia Tech Wiki is a free reference. Its purpose is to document how to make the most of Virginia Tech and other resources by utilizing *nix operating systems. Many articles on this site are templates from the VTLUUG-pioneered Uniluug project, in hopes of fostering greater collaboration between university Linux and Unix user groups.
Note: LDAP is not very well supported in MW 1.30 and dex doesn't support MW's OpenIDConnect Extension yet so for the time being you must login with a Google Account.
Please read Contributing.
Last updated 2018-03-13.
Browse Wiki by Category
This is a list of the various infrastructure/funding/etc projects that need to be done. Priority should range between 0 and 10 (inclusive), where higher is more imporant. Also check out dead projects and finished projects.
|10||Infrastructure||Infrastructure Maintenance||echarlie, mhazinsk, pew, johnv||Ongoing|
|2||Funding||Get SEC/SBB funding||johnv, bgregos||An officer needs to attend SBB orientation, after that, bgregos (or current treasurer) needs to know what exactly is needed, as we can only request funding for specific items and not general club money.|
|4||T-shirts||Decide on a t-shirt design, do a group order||marcusw||Need new candidate designs|
|5||Wiki expansion||Update existing content, import content into Gobblerpedia||echarlie||Evaluating current state of pages|
|6||Club automation||Configuration management, etc||mhazinsk, echarlie, johnv||Need automation stuff setup to enable rapid re-deployment of infrastructure|
|7||Inventory||Go through the offline equipment stored with marcusw and update information on Inventory||marcusw, echarlie||None|
|9||Develop Backup Solution||Needs to be proposed and then agreed to by officers||[ew||None|
About this wiki
This wiki was intended to support *nix usage on campus. Here are suggested items for this wiki:
- Anything related to Linux usage, such as tutorials and other documentation, especially related to that at VT
- Anything related to VTLUUG (meeting minutes, infrastructure, projects, history, etc)
- Technical projects that VTLUUG members (individually or collectively) have done
- General geekery that doesn't fit anywhere else, related to interests of one or more VTLUUG members (e.g. audio gear, coffee, amateur radio, etc.)
- Opinionated content that may not reflect the interests of the entire Virginia Tech or Blacksburg community
Some items are more suited for Gobblerpedia, our sister wiki. These include:
- General content about Blacksburg or Virginia Tech that is non-technical in nature. Please categorize these with Move to Gobblerpedia so we can later migrate them in bulk.